Scottsdale Arizona Golf Vacation

If Myrtle Beach is the Golf Capital of the East Coast, then Scottsdale Arizona Golf is the capital of the golfing southwest. Upscale neighbor to the sprawling golfing metropolis of Phoenix, Scottsdale hosts scores of world-class courses, and a wealth of comforts, conveniences and activities to provide everyone with an awesome vacation. The desert climate assures a great blue-sky visit year round. Courses designed by the likes and caliber of Arnold Palmer ensure a great time with quality, picturesque clubs and resorts, with more public courses than you could play in a month!

The Golf Vacation Resorts are top-notch all the way; I was left wanting for nothing. Fairmont, for example, hosts two exemplary championship course, one of which is home to the PGA's annual FBR Open (which used to be called the Phoenix Open.) The luxurious pampering at their Willow Springs Spa left me more relaxed, truly at ease, than I've been in years. It's the attention to detail that sets such places apart from lesser places I'd simply call hotels.

While the Raven and Greyhawk, Troon North, Boulders and We-Ko-Pa are legendary, but some of the best kept secrets are... well, secrets. Places like Coyote Lakes, with that stone wall, Sanctuary's tough desert course, or Gold Canyon's Dinosaur Mountain (and the their rare 9-hole rate) will provide you with challenges and memories to make this the trip of a lifetime. I was glad to be able to take in a second play most days of the trip, and the vast variety of choices made all the difference. Budget is a factor, so knowing that there are some quality affordable places to enjoy that second play of the day helped Scottsdale earn a special place on my list of Return To destinations.

Much as I'd have liked to spend the entire trip playing golf, I'm glad I took the time to break away and enjoy some of the other things Scottsdale has to offer. No, I'm not talking about shopping for southwest style art, (though there's plenty of that to be had as well. Scottsdale is also home to the Heard Museum.) The spa was one example. The tour by Hummer, though hardly plush, was an extraordinary experience, and a great way to see the true desert. I wouldn't have missed either of them. The horseback trail rides, rock climbing, mountain biking, hiking, and night vision excursions might appeal to some. I've put the hot air balloon ride on my list for next time. Nightlife is plentiful, as is the evening entertainment. Most of the time, I found I preferred to enjoy a relaxing evening and be up for a seven o'clock tee-off.

Flying in to Sky Harbor was easy enough, and the hotels all seem to have shuttles available. Quality car rentals are also readily available, and I found I preferred this, as it gave me a lot more flexibility, let me pick and choose the courses I wanted to play on any given day.

I chose to stay at resorts the entire time I was in Scottsdale. A friend I ran into opted to rent a course-side condo. I do enjoy my creature comforts, but had to hand it to him. There's something to be said for having your morning coffee on the patio while looking out at the course you'll soon be playing. I didn't mind driving for the second play of the day. Driving first thing in the morning would've taken something away from the vacation, though so, if budget allows, I highly recommend either a resort or a course-side condo rental.

All in all, my first golf vacation in the Phoenix area was a pleasure, but this second trip to Scottsdale was a dream, and one I could enjoy most any time of the year. I've given Scottsdale a permanent spot on my list of golf vacation destinations, and imagine you'll do so too.

© 2007 RightNow Communications

Enterprise Rent

Danos tu comentario